Corporate Social Responsibility
Along with our employees, partners, and customers on every continent, Promethean is a true citizen of the world, and we’re committed to caring for it.
Four strategic priorities
We focus on four key areas where our expertise, global reach, and decades of experience can make the biggest impact.
We’re committed to reducing our carbon footprint in support of the global effort to fight climate change.
We promote a workplace culture where everyone is welcomed and valued for their perspective.
We’re dedicated to increasing access to technology for underserved students, schools, and communities.
We encourage all of our employees to take an active role in improving our world.
We’re committed to
We’ve implemented waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) recycling programs in Hawaii, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wisconsin. We also have take-back programs in the five states listed below. Click on a state to learn more.
A globally inclusive culture
Promethean nurtures an equitable and inclusive environment across our offices worldwide. We know firsthand that our diversity makes us stronger, which is why we have:
- Created four regional Employee Inclusion Groups (EIGs) to represent the voices of our employees
- Adjusted our recruitment strategies to attract and hire the most diverse talent
- Conducted company-wide audits and functional reviews to ensure equal pay for all employees
- Required anti-harassment training and begun to implement unconscious bias and diversity training
- Required all of our suppliers to complete a Conflict Minerals Reporting Declaration to ensure compliance with various international laws and standards
- Conducted due diligence to ensure supplier compliance with anti-human slavery and human rights laws and policies
Giving back to our communities
As a company that believes everyone is capable of brilliance, we want to see all people thrive. Our efforts to give back are focused on Quality Education and Community Action. We prioritize these by:
- Making grants of panels, software, and accessories to schools in need
- Donating online resources and providing free in-person training to educators
- Providing employees with two full days of PTO each year for volunteering
- Committing to increasing employee participation in volunteer activities by 25%
- Creating group volunteering activities for employees once we return to the office
Promethean started donating ActivPanel interactive displays across various parts of the world to inspire children to enjoy the art of learning. Here are some of our donations:
- Promethean supports Healthier Heroes with ActivPanel donation.
- Spire Junior School in Derbyshire is one of the lucky winners to receive an ActivPanel in Promethean’s nationwide competition, Classroom Stories.
- Promethean supports Nawaka district school with modern classroom technology.
- Promethean supports the Andrea Bocelli Foundation in Italy.
- Promethean gives back to Save the Children
- Celebrating Pride: Promethean and Out in Tech work together to increase opportunities for LGBTQ+ tech talent
- Promethean team members roll up their sleeves at Seattle’s Lambert House.
- Set up for success: Anguilla Initiative’s ‘Project INSPIRE’ delivers innovative future
Our code of ethics
Promethean is committed to acting responsibly and ethically throughout its operations, while ensuring that our business partners share our deeply rooted values.
Our Board of Directors has established a number of key policies reflecting this commitment, covering areas such as health and safety, environmental considerations, human rights, and ethical business conduct.
Our commitment to sourcing minerals responsibly
Promethean is committed to ensuring that conflict minerals including Tin, Tungsten, Tantalum, and Gold (3TGs) originating in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) or any of the “Covered Countries and which are contained in our products are sourced with due respect for human rights, the need to avoid contributing to conflict, and the desire to support development through our supply chain practices. We require our suppliers to perform supply chain due diligence, identify smelters, and provide this information to us upon request regardless of whether suppliers are subject to the SEC requirements.
We prioritize human rights standards
We are proud of our commitment to prohibit, avoid, and reject any involvement in or any degree of acceptance or tolerance of slavery and human trafficking in connection with or ancillary or incidental to our products or business activities. In addition, we are committed to constantly reviewing, improving, and developing practices to combat slavery and human trafficking.