Last Updated January 1, 2024
It is Promethean’s privilege to provide solutions around the world that transform learning spaces into engaging and collaborative environments and immerse participants in the latest interactive technology.
The trust you have in Promethean’s solutions is the foundation of who we are as a company. That trust is why protecting the privacy and security of your personal data is paramount to Promethean. We want you to know that:
- Promethean is committed to protecting your personal information;
- Promethean will not sell any of your personal information to third parties;
- Promethean will use your data to provide you with superior products and services;
- Promethean will abide by privacy laws and regulations as applicable around the world; and
- Promethean will use reasonable security measures to protect your personal information.
We promise to process your personal information in a manner that is always lawful, fair and transparent. We also promise to provide you with choice and control over the use of your personal information in accordance with prevailing laws and obligations.
For purposes of ensuring compliance with data protection and data privacy laws around the world, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for European Union (“EU”) residents and the Data Protection Act 2018 for residents of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (“UK”), Promethean has appointed a Data Protection Officer to continually monitor and improve the safety and security of the personal information collected and processed by Promethean around the world.
For more details about our privacy practices, or for questions and concerns, please contact our Data Protection Officer via email at [email protected].
Our EU Data Representative is:
Promethean Poland sp. z o.o
Grabarska 1 st., 50-079
Our UK Contact Information is:
Lower Philips Road
Blackburn, BB1 5TH
Our contact information for the U.S. and all other countries is:
720 Olive Way, Suite 1500
Seattle, WA 98101
- Promethean’s General Privacy Terms:
Please note that in order to use any Promethean Product, you authorize Promethean to transfer your personal information across national borders and to other countries where Promethean and its partners operate, including the United States. The privacy protections and rights of authorities to access your information in these countries may not be equivalent to those in your country. We will only transfer your personal information to these countries when we determine the transfer to be necessary to provide the Product and we will take steps intended to ensure that your personal information continues to receive appropriate and adequate safeguards and protections.
We promise to process your Personal Information in a manner that is always lawful, fair and transparent and we will always provide you with choice and control over the use of your Personal Information in accordance with prevailing laws and obligations.
In addition, you have certain Privacy Rights that we recognize and respect. For specific information regarding your Privacy Rights, please click here.
- Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect and use your Personal Information in multiple ways and you may be asked to provide your Personal Information anytime you are in contact with Promethean. For example, we may collect and use your Personal Information when you:
- fill out forms on a Promethean owned and operated Internet site requesting further information about our products and services;
- register to use any of our products or services or create an account within any of our products or services;
- post to our support community, submit a request for help or support to us or otherwise ask for help from our support team;
- provide your information to Promethean, either directly or via other means, at a trade show or other event that Promethean is hosting or participating in;
- use our partner portal or any other website that we may make available for individuals or companies selling Promethean products or services;
- seek to download Promethean software;
- participate in an online survey;
- contact us or engage with us in any way to include but not be limited to any online chat feature on any website, Product or service that we offer or make available;
- enter a competition or promotion;
- register to participate in a webinar or other event that Promethean is sponsoring, operating, delivering or participating in;
- apply for a job or position with Promethean;
- report a problem with any of our Internet sites; or
- interact, in any other way, with Promethean that results in the collection or processing by Promethean of your Personal Information.
We may collect Personal Information to include but not be limited to your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, IP or MAC address or other unique identifiers. If and when we determine necessary, we may also collect additional categories of Personal Information.
In addition, we may collect your Personal Information from other sources such as, for example, publicly available Internet sites or records, or from third-parties that provide us with Personal Information for our lawful use.
When we collect Personal Information, we will endeavor to minimize the Personal Information collected to only the limited amount of Personal Information we need for our purposes.
We will only use your Personal Information when we have one or more of the following lawful basis for processing your Personal Information:
- our processing is necessary for the performance of a contract or to take steps prior to entering into a contract;
- our processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation;
- our processing is necessary to protect the vital interest of you or another natural person;
- our processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest;
- our processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third-party; or
- you have given consent to the processing.
The Personal Information we collect allows us to:
- deliver our Product(s) to you;
- ensure that content from our Product(s) is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- provide you with information, Products, or services that you request from us or that we believe may be of interest to you;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or between us and the organization that you are affiliated with;
- keep you updated or posted on Promethean’s latest Product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events;
- create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve Promethean’s Products, services, content, marketing and advertising;
- send important notices such as communications about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and to administer programs such as sweepstakes, contests, or similar promotions;
- undertake and perform other tasks or activities that we have a lawful basis to undertake and perform; or
- engage in other lawful business activities.
In all instances that we ask you to provide your Personal information, you are not required to provide the Personal Information that we have requested. However, if you choose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our Product or respond to queries you may have.
If you receive any email, message or other communication from us and you do not wish to receive further communications from us, you can opt out at any time by (i) unsubscribing at the bottom of the email from Promethean, (ii) sending an email to [email protected] including your name and a brief explanation of the purpose of your email, or (iii) calling Promethean at one of the following phone numbers: in the US (888) 652-2848; outside in the US, +44(0) 1254 298 598.
Please also note that Promethean also collects data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual user. For example, we may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your device type, operating system, and browser type as well as information regarding your activities on one of our websites or applications such as your browsing actions and patterns. This information allows us to better understand customer behavior, improve our Products, and improve the user experience with our Products. This information is aggregated and used to help us understand which parts of the Product are of the most interest and to improve users’ experiences on or with our Products.
For many of the same reasons as outlined above, we may use a cookie file, which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. These files help us to improve our websites and deliver better and more personalised Products. Cookies enable us to:
- ensure that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- speed up your use of the website;
- store information about your preferences;
- customise the website according to your individual interests;
- estimate our customer base and usage patterns; and
- recognise you when you return to the website.
- Where We Store Your Personal Information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of the data that you transmit to any Promethean Product. Any transmission is, therefore, at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Disclosure of Your Information
- Except as provided for herein, we will not sell or share Personal Information with third parties for their marketing purposes or advertisements unless you give us your consent to do so.
- We may share your Personal Information with certain trusted third-party companies and individuals to perform tasks on our behalf, but strictly for the purpose of carrying out their work for us, for example, to help us provide the website, to enhance the website, to increase the website’s functionality and user friendliness, to provide customer support, to improve your experience on the website, to respond to your inquiries or questions, or to provide you with information regarding our Products. Unless we tell you differently, these trusted third-party companies do not have any right to use your Personal Information beyond what is necessary to assist us with providing you the best possible service. To the extent we share Personal Information with any third party, we require them to comply with the requirements of a data processor under GDPR.
- We may disclose your Personal Information if Promethean or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Information held by Promethean will be included among the transferred assets.
- We may disclose your Personal Information if Promethean is required by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that, for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate; and
- We may disclose your Personal Information if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or to protect our operations or users.
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children. In addition, in the countries that we offer services where we collect the personal information of children we comply with the applicable laws regarding the collection of the personal information of children. Specifically, we do not knowingly collect, use, or process Personal Information from children under the age applicable to their country of residence without verifiable parental consent or, alternatively, a teacher, school or school district has consented to or authorized the processing of the student Personal Information for an educational purpose.
If we ever learn that we have collected the Personal Information of a child without parental consent when parental consent is required or without other lawful authorization, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. If you know that we have inadvertently collected any Personal Information about a child without the required parental consent or authorization, please contact us at [email protected].
- Do Not Track (DNT)
Promethean does not track its users over time or across third party websites to provide targeted advertising, and therefore, does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
- Links to Other Sites
- Additional Privacy Terms Applicable to Specific Promethean Products.
©2024 Promethean Limited. All rights reserved.