Registration now open for a virtual conference featuring Manuel Herrera, Merge, and more
Ahead of National STEAM Day, Promethean is hosting a free, online conference, STEAM Forward, dedicated to helping educators navigate the rapidly evolving world of STEAM instruction. On Thursday, November 5, from 1 to 7:30 p.m. EST, teachers, administrators, and edtech coaches can enjoy virtual sessions on hybrid/remote teaching, technology integration, STEAM best practices, hands-on STEAM applications, and more.
Live from Promethean’s STEAM Lab, the event will feature some of the industry’s top innovative thinkers. Education thought leader, Manuel S. Herrera, will host “A Process, A Hack and A Tool Walk Into A Classroom,” which will give educators actionable insights to support student creativity in STEAM by introducing them to a process, inexpensive classroom hacks, and simple tools.
In addition, Nick Nanan of edtech leader Merge will speak on “The New Science Class” and how teachers can create pathways for students and teachers to engage with content through Merge’s science simulations and digital teaching aids.
Other exciting industry speakers include:
- Pam Diianni, Library Media Specialist and Technology Integrator,
- Gina Ligouri, educator, innovator, and author,
- Kara Olshenske, a veteran teacher of French and history,
- Matt Barfield, head of regional professional development and STEAM guru at Promethean,
- and Julie Porter, Christine Garrard, Amanda Carlson, and Katie Domfort, education consultants at Promethean
Attendees can sign up for each session separately and customize their schedules to fit their professional development needs. For more information on speakers, conference schedule, and registration, please visit prometheanworld.com/microsites/steam-forward/.