Corporate Social Responsibility
Along with our employees, partners, and customers on every continent, Promethean is a true citizen of the world, and we’re committed to caring for it.
Four strategic priorities
We focus on four key areas where our expertise, global reach, and decades of experience can make the biggest impact.
We’re committed to reducing our carbon footprint in support of the global effort to fight climate change. Learn more about our sustainability efforts.
We promote a workplace culture where everyone is welcomed and valued for their perspective.
We’re dedicated to increasing access to technology for underserved students, schools, and communities.
We encourage all of our employees to take an active role in improving our world.
A globally inclusive culture
Promethean nurtures an equitable and inclusive environment across our offices worldwide. We know firsthand that our diversity makes us stronger, which is why we have:
- Created four regional Employee Inclusion Groups (EIGs) to represent the voices of our employees
- Adjusted our recruitment strategies to attract and hire the most diverse talent
- Conducted company-wide audits and functional reviews to ensure equal pay for all employees
- Required anti-harassment training and begun to implement unconscious bias and diversity training
- Required all of our suppliers to complete a Conflict Minerals Reporting Declaration to ensure compliance with various international laws and standards
- Conducted due diligence to ensure supplier compliance with anti-human slavery and human rights laws and policies
Giving back to our communities
As a company that believes everyone is capable of brilliance, we want to see all people thrive. Our efforts to give back are focused on Quality Education and Community Action. We prioritize these by:
- Making grants of panels, software, and accessories to schools in need
- Donating online resources and providing free in-person training to educators
- Providing employees with two full days of PTO each year for volunteering
- Committing to increasing employee participation in volunteer activities by 25%
- Creating group volunteering activities for employees once we return to the office
Our donations in 2021
Promethean started donating ActivPanel interactive displays across various parts of the world to inspire children to enjoy the art of learning. Here are some of the donations in 2021:
- Promethean supports Healthier Heroes with ActivPanel donation.
- Spire Junior School in Derbyshire is one of the lucky winners to receive an ActivPanel in Promethean’s nationwide competition, Classroom Stories.
- Promethean supports Nawaka district school with modern classroom technology.
- Promethean supports the Andrea Bocelli Foundation in Italy.
Our code of ethics
Promethean is committed to acting responsibly and ethically throughout its operations, while ensuring that our business partners share our deeply rooted values.
Our Board of Directors has established a number of key policies reflecting this commitment, covering areas such as health and safety, environmental considerations, human rights, and ethical business conduct.
Our commitment to sourcing minerals responsibly
Promethean is committed to respecting human rights, ethics, and the environment in our own operations and within our global supply chain. As we source the minerals contained in our products, we are determined to do whatever we can to respect human rights, avoid contributing to conflict, and support ethical development. We appraise suppliers on their commitment to being conflict-free and we only source from conflict-free smelters. Each of our suppliers to is expected to provide a completed Conflict Minerals Reporting Template (CMRT) declaration.
We prioritize human rights standards
We are proud of our commitment to prohibit, avoid, and reject any involvement in or any degree of acceptance or tolerance of slavery and human trafficking in connection with or ancillary or incidental to our products or business activities. In addition, we are committed to constantly reviewing, improving, and developing practices to combat slavery and human trafficking.
Reducing hazardous materials
We’ve have had our products tested for lead, mercury, cadmium, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyls (PBBs), polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs) and phthalates, and we have complied to the limits set by RoHS Directive (EU) 2015/863 amending Annex II to Directive 2011/65/EU.