London, England (January 22, 2014) At BETT 2014, a leading global learning technology event, Promethean has officially released the Beta version of ClassFlow™ – a transformative, cloud-based classroom orchestration tool that enables teachers to create lessons, deliver interactive content across multiple devices, and assess student understanding. From today, teachers can register for ClassFlow and start to build and access interactive lesson plans from most web browsers. In addition, ClassFlow allows teachers to foster student engagement by connecting mobile devices such as tablets and laptops to classroom displays and interactive whiteboards. As a result, teachers can use real-time student responses to instantly adjust any lesson when it matters the most – in the moment of learning.
The Beta release of ClassFlow is designed for classroom teacher use. ClassFlow supports popular services such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and Skydrive for interactive lesson plan storage, and Facebook, Twitter, and e-mail as platforms for sharing lessons.
“It is an exciting time for educators and students as teaching and learning environments are evolving to foster learning that is more relevant, collaborative and personalized,” said Scott Cary, Head of Products at Promethean. “In many classrooms, the challenge in achieving those ends is not a lack of technology and teaching resources, but orchestrating their use to effectively impact learning outcomes. ClassFlow was designed to meet this need.”
From today, teachers will be able to sign up for a complimentary ClassFlow account and will be able to easily:
Build and access interactive lessons—anytime, anywhere
- Deliver, create, and easily organize lessons from a web browser
- Develop lessons by seamlessly incorporating a wide variety of teaching resources and formats–video, PowerPoint, documents, webpages, new content and more
- Collaborate with a community of teachers by sharing lessons online
Engage students—Turn any mobile device into a dynamic & collaborative experience
- Exchange ideas and information throughout the classroom by connecting interactive whiteboards, projectors or flat panels to individual student mobile devices
- Deliver and interact with each part of the lesson where it’s most powerful—on an interactive classroom display or on the mobile devices in students’ hands
- Extend learning by sharing student work examples to provide a different perspective, address areas of confusion or dive deeper into the topic at hand
- Drive your lesson from anywhere in the classroom using your own mobile device
Improve student results by guiding instruction when it matters most – in the moment of learning
- Turn mobile devices such as tablets and laptops into rich-media student response and polling tools that offer two-way communication between students and teachers
- Deliver digital lesson content into students’ hands for annotation, response or manipulation
- Connect assessment to learning by using rich, real-time feedback to differentiate instruction based on students’ learning needs and styles
- Access student responses as they occur or save results for later review and reporting.
In addition, to ClassFlow software, Promethean announces two new downloadable applications for mobile devices. The ClassFlow Teacher application allows the teacher to manage lesson presentation and send lesson material being displayed in the front of class to student devices. The new ClassFlow Student application allows the student to receive and annotate lesson material on mobile learning devices, respond to questions, create original material and send their work to the teacher. Using the ClassFlow Student application, individual students are able to capture and send digital pictures from their mobile device to the front of class display. Both apps are now available for download from the iTunes and Android Play stores.
By consulting with many of the world’s most innovative and successful teachers, administrators, trainers, technology officers, and other leading/well known educators, Promethean developed ClassFlow in order to ensure that investments in classroom technology have real, measurable, educational impact. The publically available Beta release of ClassFlow is being offered for teachers in U.S. English-only, with additional languages planned throughout 2014. For more information about ClassFlow, visit http://www.classflow.com.
Promethean is a global education company that improves learning productivity by developing, integrating and implementing innovative 21st century learning environments that make everyone more engaged, empowered, and successful. The company is headquartered in Blackburn in Lancashire, England, with U.S. headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia. For more information, please visit www.prometheanworld.com.
Louise Matthews, Technical Marketing & Public Relations
Mob: +44 (0) 7980 519225
Tel: +44 (0) 845 862 1076
©Promethean 2014. All Rights Reserved. Promethean and ClassFlow are trademarks of Promethean Limited.