Last Updated November 30, 2015
- Collection and Use of Personal Information
You may be asked to provide your Personal Information anytime you are in contact with Promethean. For example, if you use our support link within the Site, you may be asked to provide your name and email address in order to participate in a conversation in the support community or in order to receive answers to your questions. Promethean may combine your Personal Information with other information to provide and improve our products, services, content, and marketing and advertising strategies. You are not required to provide the Personal Information that we have requested, but if you choose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to any queries you may have.
(a) fill out forms on the Site requesting further information about our products and services;
(b) post to our support community;
(c) use the partner portal;
(d) seek to download Promethean software;
(e) participate in an online survey;
(f) contact us;
(g) enter a competition or promotion; or
(h) report a problem with the Site;
we may collect a variety of information including your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and contact preferences.
- How We Use Your Personal Information
The Personal Information we collect allows us to:
(a) ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you;
(b) provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
(c) keep you posted on Promethean’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events;
(c) create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve Promethean’s products, services, content, marketing and advertising; and
(d) send important notices such as communications about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and to administer programs such as sweepstakes, contests, or similar promotions.
If you do not wish to receive communications from us, you can opt out at any time by unsubscribing at the bottom of the email from Promethean or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your name, email address, and a brief explanation of the purpose of your email.
- Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
Promethean also collects data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual user. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose this non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
For many of the same reasons as outlined above, we may use a cookie file, which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. They help us to improve the Site and to deliver better and more personalised service. Cookies enable us to:
- ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- speed up your use of the Site;
- store information about your preferences;
- customise the Site according to your individual interests;
- estimate our customer base and usage pattern; and
- recognise you when you return to the Site.
- Where We Store Your Personal Information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of the data that you transmit to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Disclosure of Your Information
- We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties:
- if Promethean Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if Promethean Limited is required by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that, for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate;
- if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or to protect our operations or users; or
- who provide services on our behalf, such as information processing, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may not sell or share your information with any other third parties.
- Your Personal Information will only be shared by Promethean to provide or improve our products, services, and advertising; it will not be sold, rented, or otherwise disclosed to third parties for their marketing purposes.
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose Personal Information from children under 13 or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction without verifiable parental consent. If we learn that we have collected the Personal Information of a child under 13 or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction without first receiving verifiable parental consent, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. If you know that we have inadvertently collected any Personal Information about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
8. Do Not Track (DNT)
Promethean does not track its users over time or across third party websites to provide targeted advertising, and therefore, does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
- Links to Other Sites
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies, and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
©2015 Promethean Limited. All rights reserved.