Dear Valued Customers and Business Partners;
The purpose of this communication is to serve as official notification regarding the product migration process for Promethean ActivInspire Software.
Promethean first introduced ActivInspire Software over eight (8) years ago. Since that time, educators have created and delivered thousands of great “Flipchart” lessons that promote active engagement and foster student participation in the classroom. Today, however, mobile, internet-connected devices are highly prevalent in the classroom. In order to keep up with advancements in modern technology, it is now necessary not only to provide our customers with software and resources that preserve the pedagogical best practices that have been enabled in past versions of Promethean software, but also to address many of the expanded opportunities for student engagement that exist by leveraging many newer and emerging technologies, both today and into the future.
All users of ActivInspire Software (all editions and versions) are encouraged to migrate to Promethean’s next-generation of lesson delivery Software for interactive touchboards entitled ClassFlow™ Desktop.
Compatible with Windows and Mac Operating Systems, ClassFlow Desktop is designed to serve as an upgrade and replacement for ActivInspire Software. ClassFlow Desktop delivers much of the same functionality of ActivInspire, but provides educators with a suite of new and improved features including a simplified user interface and functions to enable collaboration with students via mobile PCs and tablets.
To facilitate the product migration, new tools and resources have been setup to assist in the process. ActivInspire Software users must complete the following steps to successfully migrate to ClassFlow Desktop:
- If you currently have an older version of ClassFlow Desktop downloaded to your computer, please delete it prior to installing the newest version (ClassFlow Desktop Version 3.0). Go to your language-specific URL to register for your free ClassFlow account and to download ClassFlow Desktop.
- To download ClassFlow Desktop (for English US), please visit https://classflow.com/desktop
- For system administrators, the ClassFlow Desktop installer includes .msi (Windows), .dmg (Mac) and .deb (Linux) files.
To convert existing ActivInspire Flipchart files to ClassFlow Lessons:
- Minimum system requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 7 or later, MAC OS 10.9 or later
- Processor: Intel i3 Core or better
- Memory: 1GB system RAM
- Storage: 4GB Hard Drive space
- For individual files, ClassFlow Desktop provides a built-in file conversion feature for ActivInspire Flipcharts, SMART Notebook, and Adobe PDF files.
- To convert larger quantities of ActivInspire Flipcharts (minimum 50), Promethean is providing an ActivInspire lesson file conversion service to convert “.flipchart” files to ClassFlow Lessons. This service is complimentary through December 31, 2017 (fees may apply effective January 1, 2018). For further information, please visit: https://classflow.com/convert
All ActivInspire Software users are encouraged to complete the product migration process to ClassFlow Desktop prior to September 4, 2017.
Current users of ActivInspire will continue to receive maintenance updates and bug fixes through Sept. 4, 2017. Customer support for ActivInspire Software will remain active through June 30, 2018.
|Key Milestones and Dates for Migration of Promethean ActivInspire Software to ClassFlow Desktop|
|First date to download ClassFlow Desktop Software||The first date that ClassFlow Desktop Software is available for download for Windows and Mac OS (Linux coming April 21).||March 6, 2017|
|First date to upload ActivInspire Flipchart files to ClassFlow Conversion Service||The first date that Promethean will make available an online service to covert ActivInspire “.flipchart” files to ClassFlow Desktop lessons.||April 24, 2017|
|Last date for ActivInspire Bug Fixes||The last date that Promethean will add any features, functionality or enhancements to ActivInspire and the last date in which Promethean will release bug fixes to ActivInspire Software.||September 4, 2017|
|Last date to download ActivInspire||The last date that Promethean will make ActivInspire software available for download. After this date, all download options for ActivInspire software are unavailable.||March 30, 2018|
|Last date for ActivInspire Product Support||The last date to receive service and support for ActivInspire software. After this date, all support services (including phone or email support) for ActivInspire software are unavailable. Additionally, after this date, Promethean will no longer maintain or test ActivInspire Software including no longer updating the software to accommodate operating system updates or releases.||June 30, 2018|
If you have any additional questions, please contact your Promethean sales representative or visit the Product Migration FAQ page.
**************************** IMPORTANT UPDATE ***************************