The Modern Classroom: Strategic Insights for School Leaders
Educators are required to do so much more than teach. They must also manage the many factors which affect the impact and sustainability of teaching and learning. A substantial proportion of these factors are concerned with the function of the classroom:
- What happens in the classroom?
- What is the role of the teacher?
- How much teaching is directive, and how much do students explore for themselves?
- How is technology used, and whose hands is it in?
- How is the classroom laid out, equipped and furnished?
- Do the classroom’s four walls constrict or enable the way learning happens?
The concept of the ‘modern classroom’ understands that new answers to these questions will lead to a transformation of everything we know about teaching, classroom technology and pedagogy.
The classroom of today is already unrecognisable from 20 years ago, so what will the classroom of tomorrow look like? And how can schools get there in the least painful, most cost-effective and most impactful way?
Read our free ebook The Modern Classroom – Strategic Insights for School Leaders now to find out how.