Part of what sets Promethean apart from other organizations are its trademarks, trade names and logos. Permission to use a mark may be granted if you are a business partner, distributor, reseller or the press that agrees to comply with our use guidelines.
Trademarks are important for establishing and protecting corporate brand identity. To preserve its reputation and protect its trademarks Promethean diligently guards against violation of its trademarks. Promethean acknowledges the desire of third parties to show affiliation with Promethean. However, you should not use Promethean’s trademarks, service marks, or names or the Corporate Logo in a manner that suggests affiliation or association with Promethean without prior written permission. Permission may be granted if you are a business partner, distributor, reseller or the press as long as you comply with any license granted and the following use guidelines. Promethean maintains a large portfolio of registered and unregistered trademarks including, but not limited to, the following listed marks (hereinafter referred to as “Promethean Trademark” and “Promethean Trademarks”). Please note, however, that this listing is not all-inclusive and the absence of any mark or name on this list does not mean that it is not a Promethean Trademark.
Prohibited Use of Promethean Trademarks
Certain activities may constitute infringement or dilution of Promethean Trademarks, and are not permitted. Set out below is a non-exhaustive list of activities which are not permitted by Promethean in relation to the use of its trademarks:
- Do not use a Promethean Trademark in a manner that is likely to cause confusion about the origin of any product, service, material, course, technology, program or other offerings.
- Do not use the Promethean Corporate Logo or any other Promethean Trademark in any materials without the prior written permission of Promethean.
- Do not use any Promethean Trademark as part of your company, product, service, solution, technology, or program name.
- Do not use a Promethean Trademark in a manner that is likely to dilute, defame, disparage, or harm the reputation of Promethean.
- Do not use any trademark, name, or designation that is confusingly similar to any Promethean Trademark.
- Do not copy or imitate any Promethean, type style, logo, product packaging, or the look, design, or overall commercial impression of any Promethean website, blog, or other materials.
- Do not register or use any domain name that incorporates any Promethean Trademarks or any name that is confusingly similar to any Promethean Trademarks
Promethean does grant permission to third parties (such as business partners, distributors or resellers) to use Promethean Trademarks where appropriate. Such use must comply with the above and any licence or usage requirements regarding use of the specific Promethean Trademark or logo. So even if you are licensed to use certain Promethean trademarks as a business partner, distributor or reseller you must still comply with the rules set forth herein
Promethean acknowledges that the use of Promethean Trademarks, excluding any Promethean logos, may be necessary to refer to Promethean’s products or services or to describe the subject matter in some materials, products, and / or programmes. Descriptive use must, however, be accurate and in accordance with honest practices and must comply with terms set forth herein.
- Do not alter, adapt, modify, imitate or otherwise change any Promethean Trademarks, including but not limited to abbreviating or shortening a Promethean Trademark, combining or hyphenating a Promethean Trademark with another prefix or word.
- Do not use Promethean Trademarks next to your name or the name of your products or services. Promethean Trademarks must not be more prominently displayed than your name or your product or service.
- Do not use the Promethean Trademarks as part of your product, service, solution, or program name.
- Do not combine any Promethean Trademark with any other letters, numbers words, or any design or logo.
- Promethean Trademarks must be distinguishable from your name and your product and service names.
- All reference to Promethean or use of any Promethean Trademarks must be truthful, accurate, and not misleading.
- Always use the proper spelling for Promethean Trademarks.
- Do not use Promethean Trademarks in any way they were not intended to be used. Promethean Trademarks should be used for corresponding product or services for which they were originally intended and/or protected.
- Promethean Trademarks should be distinguished from the surrounding text. This can be done by capitalizing the first letter of the Promethean Trademark, writing the whole of the Promethean Trademark in capital letters or using an unusual typeface or bold lettering.
- Promethean Trademarks should be used as adjectives with a generic description of the product e.g. this is a PROMETHEAN whiteboard. Promethean Trademarks should never be used as generic descriptors.
- Use the ® or ™ symbol in connection with [the first use of] any Promethean Trademark and the following acknowledgement of Promethean’s ownership of its marks and / or logos:
“[insert permissible mark] [is a / are] registered trademarks[s] or trademark[s] of Promethean Limited and / or its affiliates in the United States and other countries around the world.“
To request permission to use a Promethean trademark please contact: Promethean Limited.
Promethean’s portfolio of registered and unregistered trademarks includes, but is not limited to, the following listed marks:
|Trademark Description||Trademark Description|
|ActivBoard||PROMETHEAN in Complex Characters|
|ActivCast||PROMETHEAN in Katakana|
|ActivConnect||Promethean (in specific font)|
|ActivInspire||PROMETHEAN (in characters)|
|ActivPanel||PROMETHEAN (series of 3)|
|CLASSFLOW & Logo||Promethean ActivCare|
|CLASSFLOW (stylised)||PROMETHEAN CLASSFLOW|
|CLASSFLOW in Chinese characters||PROMETHEAN WORLD|
|FLAME Device||PROMETHEAN WORLD (series of 3)|
|PROMETHEAN in Chinese Characters|
Should you have questions regarding your legal rights or duties, please consult your own legal advisor. Please note that the above may be subject to change without notice. Should you have further questions regarding use of Promethean’s trademarks, please contract [email protected]